Oxytocin is nature’s love drug. Learn how to harness its power to give and get the love you need.
The Chemistry of Connection synthesizes cutting-edge research from biology, psychology and sociology to show you how to form deeper, longer-lasting connections with others. You’ll learn how to power up your body’s natural oxytocin response to improve your emotional satisfaction and physical health.
In this book you’ll discover:
- Why we have to learn to love
- Why it can be so hard to deeply connect with others
- The power of the “cuddle hormone” in relationships
- How sex & love are deeply entwined for both women & men
- The chemical differences between lust, romance & love
- Why nature and nurture can affect your oxytocin response
- How to naturally raise your oxytocin and bond better with others
- How to raise children who trust & love in a healthy way
“A beautiful book about how to nurture lasting love …”
- Michael Gurian, author of The Wonder of Boys
“Brings the science of oxytocin into the service of love in an engaging and practical way.”
-Paul Zak, PhD, Center for Neuroeconomic Studies
“I learned a lot about myself and the people I love.”
- Helen Fisher, author of Why We Love and Why Him? Why Her?